Margot, ambassador for Hungary Hearts Dog Rescue



After a couple of days of not being able to get a proper walk in, because of the storms, Margot and I went for an adventure walk to explore some of the fields by our house.

We hadn’t been there before because we always stuck to the routes we knew. So off we went. We went through a gap in the hedge and followed the bridleway signs.

The fields are quite high up so we’re surprisingly dry, just quite sticky in the corners, first field completed and we decided that the ground was ideal and we would continue.

So we stood for a moment, deciding which way to go, left, in to the next field or straight up, I couldn’t decide so I let Margot decide. She chose left, it was at this point that I had decided that I would let Margot choose the route, it was midday and we had no other plans.

We crossed another 3 fields but as the fields went on, the wetter they became. I was in trainers and not dressed for bogs, Margot has 2 inch long legs so she couldn’t afford to lose and height in the mud, so I made the decision to take the reins and make the route decisions!

We took the route that would bring us closer to the main road and in doing this, we wades through mud, for 80% of it I couldn’t see my feet, at one point, my trainer got pulled off from the suction, so my sock was sopping wet and thick with mud, Margot was doing her best to stay out of the mud by climbing along the verge. We then arrived in the field which backed on to a new build estate, I was ELATED and felt like an explorer that had been missing for months (we had been out for about an hour). We walked some of the perimeter trying to find a gate, there wasn’t one and I was left with no choice to climb the fence. So we scoped out a suitable place, and while doing this, Margot found a pile of fox poo and decided to roll in it, I pulled her away, and then man-handled her over the fence, trying to avoid getting fox poo on my hands! I tried to climb the fence but being height challenged, it wasn’t that simple so I dive bombed over it, Margot staring at me like I’d lost my mind, and two builders, stood at the gate, further down the field (I hadn’t got that far) laughing at me. We stomped home, I had to bath Margot three times to get rid of the poo smell and we sulked on the sofa for the rest of the day, and some of the following day.

It hasn’t put us off, we still go for sunrise and sunset walks, we just don’t take that route anymore 🤣

Contributor - Lynz Worth

Comments

Popular Posts