Follow me on my live Furrypeeps puppy journey - it'll last 16 weeks from a week Saturday




This is Nellie and Mabel, Nellie is the miniature dachshund and Nellie has come into season today, 11th October 2022.

So it really is a dilemma for me.  Nellie has always had one season a year, in April, unless that is, she had a silent season each October, as in no real signs of a season?

This time it is not a silent season and she is very much in season.  Apart from the obvious sign of visible blood on soft furnishings and on the hard wood flooring she is a lot quieter and less cuddly.

Why the dilemma?  Well I had planned on Nellie having a litter next April, it's a nice time of year for new puppy owners to introduce a pup to the family but maybe this won't be too bad.

Day 11-13 are really the best days to mate your dog, at this time the blood is turning a straw colour and it is the optimal time for ovulation.  I won't go for blood tests at the vet, I'll rely on what I see as in the colour of the blood and her reaction to the stud - i.e. her willingness.  Always ask for a second attempt and always make sure that the contract makes provisions for another go on her next season if she doesn't fall pregnant on either of your attempts this season.

Day 11 brings me to Saturday 22nd October 2022 and that would then be the first day of mating if you are using a pregnancy calculator

Using the pregnancy calculator on Furrypeeps Puppy - www.furrypeeps.com that brings me neatly up to 24th December 2022!!

The pups would go to their new homes at the end of February 2023 which is nearly spring....nearly!

I have booked her appointment as I am off from work until 4th January 2023 anyway so realistically only need another week off to get over the critical time to help Nellie with her pups and then I'll rally the troops help to cover me when I am at work for three days.

Watch this space and follow me as I use every piece of the Furrypeeps puppy app - to demonstrate how it works in real life.

Comments

Popular Posts